This 5 module course (15 CE credits) introduces the learner to the current and future promise of artificial intelligence (AI) in the context of healthcare. The promise of AI is just beginning to be realized in health informatics which brings new ways to personalize healthcare, analyze trends, reinforce cybersecurity, and interact with teams and clients.
The course is assessed using practical applications of principles and theory and an exploration of AI in health care settings. Throughout the course, nurses are encouraged to explore promise, benefits, and complexities of using AI in health promotion, prevention, and in practice settings.
This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office.Enroll in NRBU 103 Download Brochure
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Examine key principles of Artificial Intelligence in healthcare.
- Analyze Artificial Intelligence theory and research related to practice applications.
- Discuss how Artificial Intelligence supports personalized healthcare.
- Analyze how Artificial Intelligence can support healthcare decision-making.
- Identify how Artificial Intelligence expands the field of data analytics.
- Recognize how Artificial Intelligence can bolster cybersecurity in healthcare.
- Analyze how Artificial Intelligence fits into nursing informatics theory and practice.
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Video Reflections
- Case Studies
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for 15 CE credits in digital format.
Tuition is only $ 99 USD. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the learning management system, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click here to enroll in NRBU 103 now!